Water Heater Replacement in Lakewood, CO, and Surrounding Areas
If you’re in need of water heater replacement and live in Lakewood, CO, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive article, we’ll guide you through the process of evaluating your current water heater, understanding the signs of performance issues, and considering the impact on energy bills. At Doctor Fix It, we prioritize your comfort and satisfaction, and we’re ready to assist you with all your water heater replacement needs. Read on to discover how we can help you enjoy a reliable and efficient water heating system in your home, and call today if you have any additional questions!
Evaluating Your Current Water Heater
Assessing the age and condition of your water heater:
- Check the installation date: The first step in evaluating your current water heater is to determine its age. Most water heaters have a lifespan of around 8 to 12 years. If your water heater is approaching or exceeding this timeframe, it may be time to consider a replacement.
- Inspect for leaks and corrosion: Look for any signs of leaks or corrosion on your water heater tank. Leaks can lead to significant damage, while corrosion weakens the structural integrity of the tank. If you notice these issues, it’s crucial to seek professional assistance promptly.
- Consider past repairs: Take into account any repairs or maintenance work that your water heater has undergone. Frequent repairs or ongoing issues can be a strong indication that a replacement is necessary.
Identifying performance issues and inefficiencies:
- Inadequate hot water supply: If you frequently run out of hot water or notice a decrease in water temperature during usage, it’s a clear sign that your water heater is struggling to meet your household’s demands.
- Long heating time: Does it take an unusually long time for your water to heat up? This can indicate a declining performance in your water heater, leading to inconvenience and frustration.
- Strange noises or odors: Unusual sounds, such as rumbling or popping, can be a symptom of sediment buildup in your water heater. Similarly, foul odors emanating from the hot water can signal bacterial growth. These issues can affect both the performance and the quality of your water.
- Inconsistent water temperature: If your water heater is failing to maintain a consistent temperature, resulting in sudden fluctuations from hot to cold, it’s time to consider a replacement.
Considering the impact on energy bills:
- Rising energy costs: Pay attention to any significant increases in your energy bills over time. Older and inefficient water heaters consume more energy to heat water, leading to higher utility costs. Replacing your unit with an energy-efficient model can result in substantial savings.
- Energy efficiency ratings: When exploring replacement options, look for water heaters with high energy efficiency ratings. Models labeled as ENERGY STAR® certified are known for their exceptional efficiency, helping you reduce your carbon footprint and save money in the long run.
- Insulation and heat loss: Older water heaters often lack proper insulation, resulting in heat loss and wasted energy. Upgrading to a new water heater with improved insulation can minimize heat loss and improve overall efficiency.
Depend On Us!
Don’t let an aging or inefficient water heater compromise your comfort and convenience. At Doctor Fix It Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric, we have the expertise and experience to provide you with exceptional water heater replacement services in Lakewood, CO. Our team of highly skilled technicians will assess your current water heater, identify performance issues, and recommend the best replacement options tailored to your specific needs and budget.