With summer swiftly approaching, we’ll do anything to stay comfortable beneath the sweltering heat. This begs the question: how do you know what kind of air conditioning system is best for your specific needs? After all, every home is different. If you haven’t heard of a ductless system, now is the time to see what it’s all about.
Instead of relying on ducts for forced circulation, a ductless system delivers hot or cold air directly into your room via an easy-to-install wall unit. We’ve compiled 7 of the most compelling reasons to invest in this comprehensive HVAC solution for consistent indoor comfort:
Photo: sb-borg via canva.com
- Save Money: We’re not ones to bury the lead. The simple reality is that ductless systems tend to be more cost-effective than other options. Inefficient forced air units can skyrocket your monthly bills. But the more compact ductless option delivers air directly into each room, minimizing wasted energy and promoting efficiency.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint: Ductless systems aren’t just better for your wallet – they’re better for the world around you. The greater efficiency of these systems helps reduce your home’s carbon footprint by saving energy. This in turn makes a huge impact on our surrounding environment. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as doing your part to preserve the planet simply by running a more energy-efficient home.
- Improve Indoor Air Quality: Traditional HVAC systems require regular maintenance and professional cleaning services to rid them of stubborn dust and allergens. But these days, many ductless systems feature a multi-stage filtration process that gets to work immediately reducing dust, pollen, and allergens in the air. The result is a supremely clean and breathable indoor space – a must have for promoting a healthy living environment.
Photo: Unknown via canva.com
- Enjoy Easy Installation: If fast turnaround and minimal upheaval are top priorities, then you’ll benefit instantly from choosing a ductless system. The traditional large duct system can take up to several weeks to fully install, and requires a heavy investment of time, labor, and construction to complete. With a ductless air system, the installation is as simple as a single day’s work – and it won’t disturb your current setup.
- Make Everyone in Your Household Happy: Do your kids like sleeping in the frigid cold while you stay bundled up beneath layers of blankets? Central air systems can incite household squabbles when each family member has a different temperature preference. But that problem is completely eliminated when you install ductless air systems. With the ability to control the individual climate of each room, everyone gets to feel their most comfortable.
- Bask in the Silent Operation: White noise isn’t always necessary. While traditional HVAC systems often come with a distracting hum that keeps the best of us awake at night, ductless systems offer you the much-needed silence you crave. This is largely due to the fact that the majority of the unit is placed outside your home. The bulk of the operations are barely noticeable, leaving you to enjoy nothing but the fresh, cool air the system provides.
Photo: Unknown via canva.com
- Ductless Systems Provide Heat, Too: Let’s think long term. When next winter rolls around, you’ll be happy to have an HVAC system that controls your heat, too. A ductless air system controls your home’s heat as well as its cool air, keeping you warm through the coldest months and drastically reducing the cost of staying warm. It’s an all-in-one heating and cooling system that promotes year long savings!
It’s up to you to decide which HVAC option is best for your household’s needs. But there’s no two ways about it – the many benefits of installing a ductless system are impossible to ignore. If energy efficiency and a cost-effective option top your list of priorities, then a ductless system may be just right for you!