Water Heater Repair in Aurora, CO, and Surrounding Areas
When your water heater encounters issues, it can disrupt your routine and cause inconvenience. That’s where Doctor Fix It Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric’s team of skilled professionals come in. Whether you’re experiencing complex water heater problems or seeking tips for proper water heater care, we’ve got you covered. Don’t hesitate to contact us for all your water heater repair needs in Aurora, CO, and get expert advice from one of our knowledgeable technicians!
When to Call a Professional: Complex Water Heater Issues
When it comes to water heater issues, it’s essential to know when to seek professional assistance. While minor problems can often be addressed with simple troubleshooting, complex issues require the expertise of a skilled technician. Here are some signs that indicate it’s time to call a professional for water heater repair in Aurora, CO:
- Lack of Hot Water: If your water heater consistently fails to provide sufficient hot water or if the water doesn’t get hot at all, it’s a clear indication of a problem. A faulty heating element, a malfunctioning thermostat, or a buildup of sediment in the tank could cause this.
- Strange Noises: Unusual sounds coming from your water heater, such as banging, popping, or rumbling noises, should not be ignored. These noises often indicate that sediment has accumulated in the tank, causing it to overheat and potentially damaging the heating element.
- Leaks or Water Pooling: Any signs of leakage or water pooling around the water heater should be addressed promptly. Leaks can indicate a variety of issues, including a damaged or corroded tank, loose connections, or a faulty pressure relief valve. Ignoring leaks can lead to significant water damage and potential safety hazards.
- Fluctuating Water Temperature: If the water temperature from your water heater constantly fluctuates, going from hot to cold or vice versa, there may be an underlying problem. This could be due to a malfunctioning thermostat, a faulty dip tube, or mineral buildup affecting the water flow.
Professional Tips and Tricks for Proper Water Heater Care
Proper care and maintenance of your water heater can significantly maximize its lifespan and prevent costly repairs. Here are some expert tips and tricks to keep your water heater in top shape:
- Regular Flushing: Sediment buildup is one of the common causes of water heater problems. Flushing your water heater once a year helps remove accumulated sediment, preventing it from affecting the efficiency and performance of the unit. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions or seek professional assistance for a thorough flushing procedure.
- Check the Pressure Relief Valve: The pressure relief valve is an essential safety feature of your water heater. Periodically checking and testing this valve ensures it is functioning correctly. Consult your water heater’s manual or contact our team for guidance on how to inspect and maintain this crucial component.
- Set the Thermostat to an Optimal Temperature: Adjusting your water heater’s thermostat to a suitable temperature can prevent scalding accidents and optimize energy consumption. The recommended temperature setting is typically around 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius).
We Look Forward To Hearing From You!
If you’re experiencing water heater issues in the Aurora, CO, area, don’t hesitate to contact Doctor Fix It Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric today. Our friendly team is ready to schedule a service appointment, answer any questions you may have, and provide you with the exceptional customer service you deserve. Trust Doctor Fix It Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric for all your water heater repair and maintenance needs.